The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Sandhills Classical Christian School is based.
They will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. These statements will be considered primary doctrine. Secondary doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these doctrines or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and their church for final authority.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God. (Isa. 40:8, II Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12, 11 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent and has all authority and power. (John 10:30, 37-38)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (Romans 3:19)
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. (Ephesians 2:8)
- We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (2 Corinthians 6:16, Ezekiel 36:27, John 16:13)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. (Matthew 7:13- 14, Matthew 13:41-43)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 2:1-11)
SCCS STATEMENT ON HUMAN NATURE, MARRIAGE, AND SEXULAITY
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21;Rom.10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11).
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Sandhills Classical Christian School.
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as either male or female. These two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including but not limited to adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, and bisexual conduct) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Sandhills Classical Christian School and to provide a biblical role model to the student body and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by or enrolled in Sandhills Classical Christian School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, adhere to and abide by this Statement on Human Nature, Marriage, and Sexuality (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22).