New applicants may apply to SCCS at any time via our online application. A $150 application fee is due at that time. The fee covers the cost of processing the application and administering the placement test to incoming applicants in grades 1 - 12. Students applying for Kindergarten will be assessed an additional $50 for the Gesell Developmental Assessment. For those families enrolling multiple children for the same school year, the following application fees apply: 1st child - $150, 2nd child - $100, 3rd child - $50, 4th child - $0. All fees are nonrefundable.
Appointments for parent interviews and placement tests will be made starting February 27. The aim of the assessment is to determine the most appropriate entry grade for the student to give him or her the best chance for success. All new incoming Kindergarten applicants and applicants with birthdates between June 1 and July 31 will be evaluated via the Gesell Developmental Observation Placement assessment at a cost of $50.
Applicants will receive notification of the outcome of application within 15 days of the placement assessment. There are three possible outcomes:
- Approval: Students approved for admission will be notified by letter.
The school must receive the Contract Commitment Fee within 15 days of receiving Acceptance Letter.
- Denial: Students not approved for admission will be notified by letter.
- Waiting: Students approved for admission, contingent upon available classroom space, will be notified by letter.
For admitted students: Completion of enrollment process
Immediately following notification of your child’s acceptance, please submit:
- Non-refundable Contract Commitment Fee of $300 due within 15 days of notification. Contract Commitment Fee increases to $500 if received more than 15 days after notification of acceptance;
- Completed and signed Tuition Payment and Election Form (included in acceptance letter).
- Copy of current immunizations;
- Copy of birth certificate
Kindergarten students must turn 5 years old on or before July 31st of the fall in which they are enrolling. Prospective Kindergarten students who turn 5 years old in August may petition for admission into Kindergarten at SCCS by:
- Completing Step 1
- Providing a recommendation of Kindergarten readiness from their previous pre-kindergarten program provider.
- Scoring "5 years" or higher on the Gessell Development Observation Placement Assessment which is administered in the spring of the enrollment year.