Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Sandhills Classical Christian School is based. They will be unapologetically taught invarious ways through all grade levels. These statements will be considered primary doctrine. Secondary doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these doctrines or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and their church for final authority.
1. We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God. (Isa. 40:8, II Timothy 3:16-17, Heb. 4:12,11 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent and has all authority and power. (John 10:30 37-38)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, 1 Peter 1:3-5)
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (Romans 3:19)
5. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. (Ephesians 2:8)
6. We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (2 Cor. 6:16, Ezekiel 36:27, John 16:13)
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection oflife, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.(Matthew 7:13- 14, Matthew 13:41-43)
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Phil. 2: 1-11)
Statement on Human Relations
Sandhills Classical Christian School holds the deeply held religious belief that sexual desire is rightfully fulfilled only within the confines of biblical marriage, as defined by Jesus in Matthew 19:4-6, and that unmarried singles who abstain from sex can be whole, mature persons, pleasing to God just as those who are faithfully living in biblical marriage. (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 7:1-5, Romans 1:24-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
In SCCS's hiring practices, school-related functions, curriculum, community outreach activities, etc., our religious beliefs and practices will be upheld. Any violation of these biblical values would be inconsistent with and undermine the expression and exercise of our mission.